Please note that if you are a minor, we ask you to fill this Personal Data section together with your legal guardian.
§ 1 General information
As long as (personal) data for this Event is controlled by ADS, this data is solely administered by ADS. The Event is organized under Finnish law.
§ 2 How ADS administers, collects, stores and forwards data
The data is administered by ADS. If individuals are affiliated with the planning, execution or debrief of the Event, these individuals might be granted access to the data on a needs-be basis.
Data will be collected by and stored on computer systems. During the Tournament, data might be stored on paper.
ADS makes use of third-party software, including but not limited to the following:
- Google Apps (e.g. Docs, Sheets, Forms) for collecting, processing and storing data,
- Dropbox for archiving purposes,
- Discord and Zoom for communications
- Facebook (also Messenger) and WhatsApp for communication which contains no or minimal data and
- Tabbycat and related platforms for forwarding data in order to create Event tabs.
Please be aware, the location of stored data and the scope of applicable privacy policies can differ so that data which is stored at Google Inc., Facebook Inc., WhatsApp Inc., Dropbox Inc., or any other third-party service might be stored outside of the EU. Moreover, this data also falls under service providers’ respective Privacy Policies.
In most circumstances data will only be accessed via web services or apps so that the actual data stays on the server (in the cloud) of the service provider. All Officers are aware of the internal no-copy policy. Please be aware that even though data will be accessed over upper stated services, they might be temporarily be stored on the officer’s device. The officers are advised to check and delete temporary data, as well as keeping their devices up-to-date and comply with general IT security standards. The Associations are not responsible for breaches which are a result of an External Officer violating internal policies.
Data which is stored on paper will be destroyed within seven (7) days after the Tournament.
§ 3 The tab
Special provisions have to apply for a tab (collection of ranked competitive tournament data of participants) and its creation, if a tab is required for the Event. The tab and its creation are crucial for the possibility of conducting this Tournament.
For the tab creation which means the collection (during the Tournament including results, relative results, speaking orders, composition of rooms with team/team names and first as well as last names, judge names and clashes containing objective or subjective incompatibility of judges with team and/or participants and other necessary information) and the merging of data (first and last name, team name, clashes) during the execution of the Tournament specifically then collecting and adding Tournament scores and results into relative tables providing processed data and graphs, Tabbycat will be used. Before the beginning of the Tournament, in order to fulfil these purposes, data will be imported to the platforms. The final tab will be publicly available on the internet. A link to the tab will be made public on Facebook.
§ 4 Why does ADS collect data?
ADS collects data for the following Reasons:
- In order to prepare and conduct the Tournament, this includes for example (internal) dealings within the associations, the organisers, the convener, tab officer, reg. officer, CAs, judges (also IAs), volunteers and if necessary external dealings with you or your association as well as for planning in line with Tournament’s rules (e.g. n-rules for judges, allocation).
- In order to perform the contract you (or in exceptional cases your association) concluded with us, this includes for example receiving and allocating payments, producing documents, and accounting.
- In order to comply with legal requirements which among others are: Kirjanpitolaki 1336/1997.
- In order to create the tab, which is a necessary requirement for making a tournament competitive, which is the main purpose of a BP-tournament like the Tournament.
- In order to make feedback possible, judges are taking either paper-based or digital notes, which will be deleted or anonymized within one month after the Tournament.
- In order to make a round convenient for everyone, all the participants may be asked what their preferred Gender Pronouns are at the beginning of a round which then will be noted down. This information might also be noted on paper-based or digital judge notes (which will be deleted within one month after the Tournament).
The legal grounds for collection and use of personal data for the reasons stipulated above are fulfilling contractual obligations and legitimate interest of the associations.
§ 5 What kind of (personal) data does ADS collect?
Before (the preparation phase), during (the execution phase) and after the Tournament (here for fulfilling remaining contractual obligations, invoicing (if applicable), correcting the tab and complying with legal and accounting regulations), ADS may, where it is necessary due to the reasons stipulated in §4, collect, process and store the following (personal) data:
- First Name of a participating individual (speaker, judges and others) due to Reasons § 4 Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5;
- Last Name of a participating individual (speaker, judges and others) due to Reasons § 4 Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5;
- Email Address of a participating individual (speaker, judges and others) due to Reasons § 4 Nos. 2 and 5;
- Institution from which an individual (speaker, judges and others) comes from due to Reasons § 4 Nos. 1, 2 and 5;
- Country due to Reasons § 4 Nos. 1 and 2;
- When you are a speaker, your Team Name due to Reasons § 4 Nos. 1 and 5;
- When you are a speaker – if applicable – your Novice Status due to Reasons § 4 Nos. 1 and 5;
- Clashes (incompatibility of judges with speakers/teams/institutions) due to Reasons § 4 Nos. 1 and 5;
- When you are a judge, information about your experience as a judge due to Reasons § 4 Nos. 1, 2 and 5;
- Bank information (IBAN, BIC, references, amount) due to Reasons § 4 Nos. 2 and 3;
- Other information (“Anything else?”) you provide us optionally mostly due to Reasons § 4 Nos. 1-5;
- Date and time of submission of any form due to Reasons Section 4. Nos. 1 and 2;
- Room composition (Teams, Speakers and Judges) of each round due to Reasons § 4 Nos. 5-7;
- Speaking orders of each round due to Reasons § 4 Nos. 5-7;
- Results (ranking of teams as well as speakers’ performance given in speaker points) of each round due to Reasons § 4 Nos. 5-7, and
- Tournament Statistics of all rounds due to Reasons § 4 Nos. 5-7.
- Information about your age (above 18 or not) due to Reasons § 1, 2, 3
Other personal information maybe collected and used where you have given explicit concent for such.
§ 6 Your rights
You have the right to request information on your data stored. This request has to be made in writing.
You have the right to ask for correction of your data. This request has to be made in writing.
Data of which ADS has control will be deleted within the stated deadlines and/or also if your data loses the purpose of collection. You can request the deletion generally in writing. This does not apply for data which needs to be stored because of legal requirements and/or accounting provisions. This does also not apply for data stored on Facebook, WhatsApp and tabbing platforms. Data on Facebook, WhatsApp and tabbing platforms might be stored without time limit, this data is controlled by the respective providers.
You can contact ADS at any time at email@example.com.